Twitter

Instagram!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Why?

Why does Korean shows (movies/dramas) never failed to make you shed tears?

Why Traumerei?

Why the Hard Life of a Pianist?

Why, Classical Music?

Why the travails, the pinnacles, then the flatness, torture, the scars?



Wasted emotions? ah, pardon me but I have nothing better to do at 5 in the morning than lying in bed the the dark room, only with the few l.e.d. 's in the room and computer screen.






Click Here to watch.
Click Here for review.

For Horowitz/My Piano seems just exactly like any other prodigy, a piano teacher's unfulfilled dream kind of melodrama. Yes, it definitely is; but there's some substance in it that makes it so spellbinding that it makes me do this at 3.30am. Yea, the warm fuzzy feeling inside with a couple of teardrops.

And movies always Is going to be interesting (for me) when there's one with a precocious talent + is an orphan.
Remember L?


You might think that I'm envious of the talent these people possess, but no. I once did, but not any more.
After much reading and understanding the world these people live in, I decided that I was the lucky one. Having a talent like that and being to perform on stage for the aristocrats in a great historical hall with thousands of audiences and classical music enthusiasts shouting 'bravo' and a long standing ovation after your ornate and exquisite performance is a delightful thing to experience, but many do not see or have knowledge of what goes behind the scenes. The electric, exciting and enjoyable atmosphere during and after a performance is simply the fruit of labour.
I don't wish to live in a world of their physical and mental labour. Seems like they're bounded to this destiny for their whole lives because of the gifting.
I wish to experience much more than then world of treble and bass clefs and demisemiquavers with 7 sharps, 7 flats, agitato con fuoco con fuoco con fuoco... =/

Although this dilettante always wishes for more concentration and sharpness in this hobby of hers. xD

It's a wonder how these people manage to stay sane. With all the intensive lessons in an enclosed studio for 7 hours a day, practicing Russian scales and arpeggios and the same piece over and over again, having friends jeering at your precious fingers and exemption from physical exercises, some even with gloves on, and with minimal social contact for your whole damn life. I'll go berserk XD
Nah. actually its no wonder. Humans can be very interesting. Just looks at the variety of talents around. I have yet to discover mineX)

Why am I contradicting my words >.>

Kit Armstrong is a different case. Literally speaking he can do everything under the sun. Both sides of his brains are equally utilized a lot more than average humans; like his brain waves propagate with a different frequency.

I think its truly an interesting world they have and I'm glad I'm looking from the outside, enjoying their gifting.


Anyway
I'm done with the Korean version. (all hail my return to the Korean craze after 2 years! eh. no. I'm no match for Tracy, Si Wei etc.)

And it ended with a real professional pianist, Julius-Kim Jeong won as the grown up boy (who was picked from the neighbourhood's rubbish dump when he was young) playing Rach's 2nd! Rach's Second man.. Although it was only an excerpt of the entire concerto. And then Traumerei, dedicated to the teacher who kept and fed him, and taught him the piano in her studio for free.
Actually Every character seen playing the piano, is Really, really, playing the piano. So I thought the actor Shin Eui Jae is a Real, child prodigy. Not only in the movie, but for Real. Who knows. Lol there's so little media coverage for this particular movie.

It funny as well, so expect some hard laughter at parts you feel like tearing. XD


I'm going to try out the Japanese version next.
(gotta thank Si Wei for the mighty link.)

and, Beware of Kenichi Matsuyama X)


No comments:

LinkWithin