Twitter

Instagram!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back Home.

Just when I thought I could throw in my project submission yesterday and then I can worry no more.

I walked in the studio and find that the whole cohort was upstairs, apparently the lecturer's were to announce something so important.

Really, I didn't know datelines were flexible. They say its for this project only, and then no more, because they see potential in other class' unfinished work. Thus, dateline for documentation - extended.

Can't they fixed the initial dateline as 25th August? From 19th, then 20th, then 25th?

We finished in time, but not the others?



?



They say life's not fair. Uh-huh.


I have one less to worry about, model's in (at least), but not the rest of it.
So much for my sacrifice to not return Home last week.


No matter what, I had promised myself on Thursday to get 2 movies from Michael's HDD for the weekend. Putting submission's expandable dateline aside, I HAD to get some entertainment after 3 weeks of no CCA, 13-hour studio life.

Wildchild, and the Curious Case of Benjamin Button for starters.
Couldn't believe it that I had watched two movies a night and flunked my B:2 piece this morning.
Anyway, I couldn't last anymore longer on the keys so I'd take it slow, chewing guava and watching 2 movies at one go.

Wildchild was one light hearted, hilarious one, displaying the cultural difference between the Americans and the English. The boarding school was very handsome indeed, and I certainly think that the grass is greener on the other side - because it literally is greener! :D

It was still 9pm so I had to play the other movie. Haha!
I was curious to know how one person can be born into this world "old" and die of old age when one is physically young, when the crowd was talking about this movie.
I had no idea. I wanted to watch this even though Cal said it was slow and boring.

Slow and boring for some, as people goes around talking more about Transformers 3 and G.I. Joe a hundred times more than some narrative storytelling of Hollywood.

The time setting itself was a long one, having to tell the tale of one's whole lifetime - which lasted almost 3 hours on the big screen. Living backwards was a very interesting thing indeed, seeing how many people around you age old and die, while you grow younger everyday, uncertain about what you are about to be when you 'become a toddler again'. I realised how one's life is like a bell curve- when you're young or old, you'll need some form of assistance to buckle your shoe, put on a neck tie, or going around town. It's so similar that these two age group of people can clique well. It's only the time you have in between those two periods that you can do whatever you want, on your own. Well, the parts where Daisy's and Benjamin's physical age were far apart were the most interesting- how an old man and a little girl would read and tell stories to each other, enjoying each others company; how an old lady would 'take care of her baby husband' who has dementia and doesn't recognize her anymore.

Daisy: Would you still love me if I were old and saggy?
Benjamin Button: Would you still love ME if I were young and had acne? When I'm afraid of what's under the bed? Or if I end up wetting the bed?

Somehow, its a time-machine like movie (like Secret and The Lakehouse), which is only much easier to comprehend.
I was truly amazed at the make-up artist's job and the computer generated 'phases of human faces' they used to created the different looks of the actors at different ages. It was flawless, I could say, it looked all so realistic as if Brad Pitt would look something like that in his later ages!

Dad was telling me, how CAD was in his days- he would draw a line on the workstation and wait 5 seconds for the line to appear complete on the computer screen. Technology's growth is an exponential one; if you measure it, I guess it probably grows faster than human population.

Hmm.


I've been thinking.
So far in 18 years, how many lives have I influenced or get acquainted with?





"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
"

No comments:

LinkWithin