Twitter

Instagram!

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Across the table.

Waiting for something,
something, someone familiar.

Looked down at my shoes,
tugged under the table
neatly,
I was waiting.

Seats round the Table
vacant, still.
there, was Expectation.

something,
Beautiful;
It occupied the empty opposite,

clasped my hands,
I stared,
stunned,
stunning familiarity.

pulse running,
never had this feeling;
but why?
who am I?

nothing to do,
but just looking across,
across the table.
Heart skipped to many beats.

too familiar,
she was.
were we meant to meet again?

focused lost;
expecting worst things-
mum lays her hand,
"lets get a seat on the other table, dear."

Listened;
heart, eyes, still on that table.
uneasy, dad comforts.

to speak, I cannot.
but he understands his son.

event over,
dad took me over;
to The Table.

dad calls out,
for to speak, I cannot.

she turns,
a smile,
a graceful smile,

but she does not recognize;
to her, I was unfamiliar.

sadness;
like a flood.

but the smile;
I walked over.
Speak, I cannot.

offered my hand,
we touched.

thrilled,
it was enough.

turned back,
to run away.

paralyzed.

No comments:

LinkWithin